20) New York Red Bulls: The Red Bulls have just one win so far this season. Last year’s front four of Wright-Phillips, Sam, Grella and Kljestan is not performing well at all. The back line may be worse.
19) Columbus Crew: Columbus finally got their first win of the year in a 3-2 win over NYCFC. They looked good in this game and Kamara probably could have had a hat trick.
18) DC United: United lost a tough one to Toronto at home. They still haven’t looked like the same side as last season, and they’re leaking goals.
17) NYCFC: Winless since Soccer Sunday, NYCFC needed a win. They got a loss in Columbus – a tough place to travel to – but looked bad in the process. Vieira may have to change things up going forward.
16) Portland Timbers: Portland has amassed 8 points so far this season. They took 3 at home from the Earthquakes and looked comfortable doing so.
15) Chicago Fire: Chicago sits on 6 points looking from the outside on the playoff picture. They lost to a good Montreal team. Remember Chicago is young. They’ll grow together.
14) Houston Dynamo: Houston sits at the bottom of the West. They just lost for the 3rd time in 4 matches. Owen Coyle needs to turn his team around.
13) Seattle Sounders: After an atrocious start to the season, Seattle has won 2 of their last three and finally look like the team we were expecting.
12) Vancouver Whitecaps: The Whitecaps have lost two straight. They’re towards the bottom of the West. This isn’t what management would have expected at the start of the year.
11) New England Revolution: The Revs are now unbeaten in four. They’re starting to play as a unit. It took them a while to get back into the swing of things without Jones but they’re playing better now.
10) Toronto FC: A win and a draw in the last two sees Toronto on the rise. They only got a 1-0 win over DC, but they were at RFK, and Jozy, Giovinco, and Bradley all played well.
9) San Jose Earthquakes: San Jose dropped a tough one away to Portland. Wondo found his way on the score sheet again though.
8) Philadelphia Union: Philly has lost two of the last three, including a loss on the road to Seattle. They’re back home against NYCFC this weekend and should look to take advantage of NYCFC’s poor form.
7) Orlando City: Orlando has lost and drawn their last two. A draw was probably the right result at home to the Revs. Cyle Larin can’t come back soon enough.
6) Colorado Rapids: Last week I noted how well Colorado was playing. I also said they were doing this without Jermaine Jones. Jones comes back and scores and grabs an assist in his first match. Watch out for this team.
5) Sporting Kansas City: SKC has now dropped two in a row. both losses cam to solid teams, but SKC probably could have managed a point in one of those matches.
4) LA Galaxy: LA got an emphatic 4-1 win over Houston. Stevie G looked great as did Gio Dos Santos and Zardes. I like this team.
3) Montreal Impact: Drogba returns to the lineup and Montreal wins. Also he totally tooled that defense with his back heal goal.
2) FC Dallas: Dallas misses the top spot only because they have a game in hand. And they lost at one point. They’re playing really well right now though. They can grind out results or beat on teams, all good stuff.
1) Real Salt Lake: RSL is the only team still without a loss. They’ve won three straight including a 1-0 win over Vancouver. Defensively they’re one of the best.