Sebastián Velásquez joins us in epiode 12 and we are sooooooooo excited! We get to learn more about Sebastián in a very personal way from learning about his soccer career, his family to why he joined the MLS Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health (“SABH”) Program and how that has changed his life in a positive way. You can’t miss this episode. It’s very powerful.
Topics discussed on the podcast episode
- Sebastián Velásquez provides us a detailed view on how he started playing soccer up to the moment when he was drafted by Real Salt Lake Sebastián talks about his experience playing with New York City FC, Jason Kreis and with players like David Villa, Andrea Pirlo and Frank Lampard
- He also explains how expectations for New York City were high and how frustrating it was that NYC ended the season not reaching those expectations
- What sport Sebastián Velásquez would play if it wasn’t soccer and why? How his experience was living in New York City and with our fans.
- His most memorable match wearing the NYCFC jersey and what one thing he would change if he could go back in time last season.
- Sebastián Velásquez explains why he joined the MLS Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health (“SABH”) Program and where he is now with that part of his life in the past.
- On January 15, 2016, Velásquez became the first player to be signed by NASL expansion side Rayo OKC and he talks about this new experience
- We end the show with an explanation about his actions in this photo
Don’t forget to:
- Follow Sebastián Velásquez on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/tianv10
- Follow Sebastián Velásquez on Twitter https://twitter.com/TiaN_Futbol
- Leave NYCFC Fan Podcast a voice message at NYCFCPodcast.com/chat. It’ll be played on the next episode!
- Email the podcast firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you enjoyed this podcast please share it with our NYCFC Family by leaving an honest rating and review on iTunes. Leaving a 5 star rating and review will help other NYCFC fans find this podcast! Your reviews truly motivate and inspire us!
Find the NYCFC Fan Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher: